If you are like me you are constantly having tasks/to-dos added to your daily work load. Emails, phone calls, requests, reoccurring tasks and projects can consume me. Believe it or not I am not a detail guy:) I have to work to stay focused and focused on the right things at the right time! I have tried numerous different solutions… sticky notes, notebook, Outlook Tasks, different to-do/tasks programs, but for the past 10 months I have found a program that works really well for me. It allows me to keep track of reoccurring projects, daily tasks and projects. Here are few things that makes it awesome!
- I can share with my assistant.
- I can set up projects and link tasks to that project.
- I can set time needed, due dates and sub-tasks.
- I can manage my time and priorities.
- I can email directly to the program.
- It is easy to use!
- It provides apps for my iPhone and iPad, as well as a desktop version.
- I can link to Evernote and Dropbox.
If you are looking for a cross-platform product that will help you get organized and it is efficient check out Nozbe!
I know you are thinking a program will not make me organized, but having a program that is organized, provides tools and helpful resources for getting organized is a great place to start… From a practical standpoint, here are a few things I do everyday.
- Review my daily tasks and realign if I need to.
- I manage my follow-up for phone, email and in person conversations with Nozbe.
- I have enter all of my reoccurring daily tasks.
- I email tasks and follow up directly to the program and update the task to prioritize.
- I manage my personal work projects here, I take the time to map them out so I can accomplish them in a methodical order. Plus my day is often interrupted numerous times so this allows me to tackle parts of project and come back to them for completion.
- I also love the idea of checking things off my list – I am driven by results, so having a program that allows me to track tasks and “check them off” keeps me focused and encourages me to see things getting done.
If you use Nozbe, what do you like about it!